Sierra TV on iTunes U
Learning (Tutor) Center
Library / Learning
This site complies with
Online Course CIS 37
Fundamental Internet Techniques and Strategies for College
Please note that this course is a Classroom based course.
So, What Is This Class?
- our most basic Internet course
- designed to build your confidence and prepare you for further learning
- will help you to learn how the Internet functions and how to use some
of the basic features of the Internet:
- use a Web browser to locate, navigate, print and save educational Web resources;
- prepare for taking an online course, including discussions, assignments, downloads, forms, and email;
- conduct basic Web searches using various basic options such as, address line keywords, search button, search engines and web directories, and provide a written evaluation of the quality of the web information obtained
- use Web-based email to send and receive messages, open and send attachments, and organize saved messages and addresses using folders and the address book.
Hands-on introduction to the Internet and computer skills for practical application in online courses or college courses with a computer component. Locating educational websites, evaluating and citing web resources, saving and organizing research results. Strategies for online learning: online discussions download and upload course materials, attachments. Basic Internet security precautions.
Along with C.I.S. 50, prepares for C.I.S. 67.
What Methods Will Be Used In This Class?
- the instructor lectures, demonstrates, encourages and facilitates discussion online via the Blackboard system
- the students participate in weekly discussions via the discussion board, learning activities, accessing Web-based instruction, writing on assigned topics, quizzes, and computer work.